The Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences has released a three-year strategic plan for 2023-2025.
The plan outlines our mission, vision and objectives for the next three years, as well as outlining the way we work and our long-term goals for the sector.
- Our mission is to advance research and innovation in Australia to improve everyone’s health
- Our vision is for better health for Australia and the world, driven by the best health and medical science
- Our objectives are to:
- Celebrate and strengthen research
- Influence policy
- Nurture future research leaders
- Build the health-academia-industry interface
- Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing
The plan also outlines the details of how we intend to support our fifth objective and fulfil our commitment to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing across our entire strategy.