The Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences is dedicated to engaging with the community, industry and government on pressing issues to improve health for all.
Through our Fellows, we create an important national resource – an expert representative and independent voice for health and medical sciences in Australia.
Our goal is to promote health and medical research, and its translation, to enhance health outcomes in Australia and around the world.
We welcome support to enable us to achieve this mission through activities, including:
- Programs and initiatives to develop talented future leaders across the diversity of the health and medical sciences community in Australia.
- Work to provide independent, authoritative and expert advice on the most pressing health challenges, enabling decisions informed by the best available evidence.
- New awards specifically designed to celebrate research excellence.
Our recent work includes:
- Assisting with Australia’s response and management of the COVID-19 pandemic by providing advice to government and other bodies.
- Providing advice to government following the catastrophic 2019/2020 bushfire season – and further work led by our Climate Change and Health Steering Committee, dedicated to better understanding the health impacts of climate change and ways to mitigate them.
- Harnessing research for better health: a policy project to better enable research within healthcare, to enhance patient outcomes and quality of care.
Donations, bequests and gifts enable the Academy to support and expand programs, policy projects, awards and fellowships. They assist the Academy in its mission to address some of Australia and the world’s most urgent health challenges, and to nurture the health and medical research leaders of tomorrow.
Gifts may support specific programs and projects of the Academy, such as the mentorship program; or they may be for the general support of the operations and activities of the Academy. We are registered charity and endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR).
To discuss our activities and opportunities to support us, please contact the Academy’s CEO, Catherine Luckin: [email protected]