Join some of Australia’s leading allied health clinician-scientists as they share their experiences and strategies for creating a research-supportive workplace.
The Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences Life as a Clinician-Scientist events aim to inspire early career researchers and allied health clinicians to pursue health and medical research careers.
Presentation topics include:
- Walking the tightrope as a clinician-scientist
- Stepping into research
- How allied health clinicians and researchers can influence national health policy
- Building integrated pathways in allied health research
- Creating a clinical work environment that supports research and clinician-scientists
Chair: Professor Kathryn Refshauge FAHMS
- Professor Sue Berney, Manager, Physiotherapy, Austin Hospital
- Dr Anne-marie Boxall, Chief Allied Health Officer, Australian Government
- Associate Professor Vinicius Cavalheri, Associate Professor, Curtin School of Allied Health
- Dr Lauren Christie, Senior Implementation Science Research Fellow-Allied Health, St Vincent’s Health Network
- Professor Nick Taylor, Professor of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University