Learn more about the rewarding career of a clinician-scientist at our Life as a Clinician-Scientist Queensland Symposium on Saturday 6 May at QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute.
Created to inspire medical and health sciences students, junior doctors, health professionals, and early career researchers, this event features leading experts sharing their experiences in this ground-breaking profession.
Clinician-scientists combine clinical practice with medical research, allowing them to take their insights from working with patients to answer fundamental scientific questions, then use those insights to improve patient care.
Join us in Brisbane to learn about the many pathways to this exciting career, which leads to a lifetime of challenge, discovery and fulfilment.
Our Fellows, alongside other senior, mid- and early-career researchers, will share their stories about working with their unique combination of clinical medicine and science, and how to master the skills necessary to succeed.
In-person attendees will have the opportunity to seek one-on-one advice from our expert speakers and sign-up for spot mentoring sessions.
- Professor Harvey Whiteford AM FAHMS, Professor of Population Mental Health, The University of Queensland (Psychiatric Epidemiology)
- Professor Maher Gandhi, Princess Alexandra Hospital and Executive Director of Mater Research, The University of Queensland (Haematology)
- Professor Andrew Mallett, Director of Clinical Research & Consultant Nephrologist, Professor of Medicine, JCU College of Medicine & Dentistry, James Cook University
- Professor Hayden Homer, Reproductive Endocrinologist and Gynaecologist, Queensland Fertility Group; Chair in Reproductive Medicine, University of Queensland
- Associate Professor Ingrid Hickman, Principal Research Fellow at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and The University of Queensland (Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Dr Moe Thuzar, Princess Alexandra Hospital and Research Fellow at The University of Queensland (Endocrinology).
- Associate Professor Srinivas Kondalsamy Chennakesavan, Director of Research, Rural Clinical School, University of Queensland (Oncology and Public Health)
The Academy is grateful for support from our generous sponsors.