We are delighted that 14 of our Fellows have been recognised in this year’s Australia Day honours list.
Two of our Fellows received the highest honour – appointed Companion of the Order of Australia (AC).
Professor Kathryn North, who is a member of the Academy’s Council, was appointed AC for her eminent service to genomic medicine nationally and internationally, to medical research in the fields of genetics, neurology and child health, and as a mentor and role model.
Emeritus Professor Richard Larkins was also appointed AC, for his eminent service to medicine and medical research, to education through academic leadership, to public health care, and to the community.
The Academy warmly congratulates all 14 Fellows, who were recognised as follows:
Companion of the Order of Australia (AC)
- Emeritus Professor Richard Larkins AC FTSE FAHMS
- Professor Kathryn North AC FAHMS
Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)
- Professor Donald Chalmers AO FAHMS
- Professor Helen Christensen AO FASSA FAHMS
- Professor Sharon Lewin AO FAHMS
- Professor Catriona McLean AO FAHMS
- Professor John McNeil AO FAHMS
- Professor Peter Schofield AO FAHMS
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- Professor Anne Chang AM FAHMS
- Professor Margaret Hellard AM FAHMS
- Professor Maria Kavallaris AM FAHMS
- Professor Matthew Kiernan AM FAHMS
- Professor David Whiteman AM FAHMS
- Professor David Crawford AM FAHMS