Learn how to combine your clinical practice with scientific research to get the best for your patients in our inaugural Life as a Clinician-Scientist Nursing and Midwifery event. Featuring some of the leading clinician-scientists in Australia, this online event will explore the many pathways in this rewarding career. Clinician scientists bring together the fields of clinical medicine and scientific research, and are typically clinically trained health professionals who also include research as a major part of their career.
The Academy’s Life as a Clinician-Scientist events aim to inspire early career researchers, nurses and midwives to pursue health and medical research careers. Learn from experts across nursing and midwifery about how they take their findings from research and translate them into better patient care. This event is a joint initiative of the Academy and the Australia and New Zealand Nursing-Midwifery Clinical Trials Research Network.
- Dr Zoe Bradfield, Midwifery Research Fellow, Curtin University and King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Dr Nicole Gavin, Clinical Nurse & Cancer Care Nurse Researcher, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Professor Jeroen Hendriks, Heart Foundation Future Leader Fellow, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Flinders University
- Keera Laccos-Barrett, Lecturer, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Flinders University
- Alanna Geary, Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery Services, Metro North (QLD)
- Associate Professor Caleb Ferguson, Senior Research Fellow, Western Sydney Nursing & Midwifery Research Centre
- Associate Professor Allison Cummins, Associate Professor in Midwifery, University of Newcastle, NSW
- Dr Evan Alexandrou, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Western Sydney University
- Dr Lynne Roberts, Midwife researcher, St George Hospital
Register now to secure your spot.