Learn how to combine your clinical practice with scientific research to get the best for your patients in our inaugural Life as a Clinician-Scientist allied health event.
Featuring some of the leading allied health clinician-scientists in Australia, this online event will explore the many pathways in this rewarding career. Clinician scientists bring together the fields of clinical medicine and scientific research, and are typically clinically trained health professionals who also include research as a major part of their career.
The Academy’s Life as a Clinician-Scientist events aim to inspire early career researchers and allied health clinicians to pursue health and medical research careers. Learn from physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology experts about how they take their findings from research and translate them into better patient care.
Presentation topics include:
- When I grow up…… a journey towards clinician-scientist
- Navigating the early years as a clinician-scientist
- Juggling the demands of clinician-scientist role
- The path to building an invincible clinician-research workforce
- Janine Matus, Senior Occupational Therapist, Gold Coast Health
- Dr Bernie Brady, SPHERE Clinical Research Fellow, Titled MSK and Pain Physiotherapist, South Western Sydney Local Health District
- Professor Gavin Williams, Professor In Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne
- Professor Angela Morgan, Group Leader, Speech and Language, MCRI
- Nadine Foster, Director-Research & Education STARS, The University of Queensland
- Grainne O’Loughlin, Company Secretary & CEO, Karitane