Missed our online Life as a Clinician Scientist event? You can view the full videos right here!
The Prep and the Pivot – responding to a pandemic as a clinician scientist (8 August)
Clinician Scientists have been leading the charge in tackling the pandemic and during the webinar, at this event we heard from some of Australia’s leading clinician scientists about how it’s going, and the opportunities and challenges they have experienced in their research and clinical lives during the pandemic.
The webinar featured renowned experts:
- Professor Sharon Lewin AO FAHMS Director, The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity
- Professor Steve Webb FAHMS Senior Staff Specialist in Intensive Care, The Royal Perth Hospital and the University of Western Australia; Professor of Critical Care Research, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- Professor Ian Hickie AM FASSA FAHMS Professor of Psychiatry, Central Clinical School, Sydney Medical School; Co-Director, Health and Policy, Brain and Mind Centre; NHMRC Senior Principal Research Fellow
Read more about our 8 August event here.
On the Front Line and in the Lab – driving forward research in a pandemic (20 August)
Our clinician scientists are using their expertise and experience to confront a once in a hundred year global health threat and manage a public health emergency.
Whether they are searching for new treatments and vaccines, advising on public health measures or addressing the broader impacts and ensuring that patients with other conditions continue to receive the best possible care, they have been crucial to the response so far.
Our expert speakers included:
- Professor Ian Frazer AC FRS FAA FTSE FAHMS;
- Professor Tim Hughes FAHMS; and
- Associate Professor Asha Bowen.
Chaired by Professor Ingrid Scheffer AO FRS FAA PresAHMS and Professor Louise Baur AM FAHMS.
Read more about our 20 August event here.