This in-person afternoon event is designed to inspire clinicians, researchers, junior doctors, and medical students to pursue excellence in clinical practice and medical research.
Clinician-scientists bring together the fields of clinical medicine and scientific research, and are typically clinically trained health professionals who also include research as a major part of their career to get the best outcomes for patients.
Discover the many pathways in this rewarding career. Don’t miss this enlightening day of presentations and discussions from some of South Australia’s most esteemed clinician-scientists, including:
- Professor Roger Byard AO FAHMS – George Richard Marks Professor of Pathology, University of Adelaide (Pathology)
- Professor Susan Hillier – Dean, Research in Allied Health and Human Performance, The University of South Australia (Clinical neuroscience)
- Professor Benjamin Kile FAHMS – Executive Dean, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, The University of Adelaide (Biochemistry)
- Professor Alison Kitson FAHMS – Vice President and Executive Dean of Nursing, Flinders University (Nursing)
- Professor Helen Marshall AM FAHMS – Professor in Vaccinology and Deputy Director, University of Adelaide (Vaccinology)
- Professor Justine Smith FAHMS – Strategic Professor in Eye and Vision Health, Flinders University (Ophthalmology)
- Professor Steve Wesselingh FAHMS – Executive Director, South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) (Infectious diseases)
- Associate Professor Shilpa Jesudason– Staff Specialist Nephrologist, Royal Adelaide Hospital (Nephrology)
- Associate Professor Amy Keir – Head of Unit and Neonatologist, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, NHMRC Fellow, SAHMRI and the University of Adelaide (Neonatology)
- Associate Professor Daniel Thomas – Associate Professor of Haematology, SAHMRI (Haematology)
- Associate Professor Peter Psaltis – Academic Cardiologist and Vascular Biologist, The University of Adelaide (Cardiology)
With thanks to our generous sponsors for making this event possible: