We are seeking a motivated and professional Programs and Events Manager to join our small, dynamic team.
- Job type: Full time (we are also happy to consider part-time working, e.g. 0.8 FTE), one year fixed-term contract with possibility of extension
- Location: Sydney (Camperdown) or Brisbane (Woolloongabba) – we have offices in both locations
- Reports to: Chief Executive
- Salary: $80,000 – $95,000 per annum commensurate with skills/experience, plus superannuation
Do you want to work with Australia’s most eminent researchers to inspire future generations of research leaders and facilitate scientific discussion? We are seeking a Programs and Events Manager to design, coordinate and deliver high impact programs and events. We are especially keen to broaden our programs targeted at early- and mid-career health and medical researchers, who are experiencing significant challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an exciting time to join the Academy as we are in a period of growth – the successful candidate will have a genuine opportunity to shape our activities.
The Programs and Events Manager will coordinate the day-to-day operations of our programs and events, working to drive forward existing and new initiatives. The successful candidate will bring their experience to steer these activities to reach new audiences, increase participation and demonstrate value.
The post-holder will possess excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional organisation skills and a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to meet short- and long-term deadlines. They will have meticulous attention to detail and be a team-player, who relishes the opportunity to make a positive contribution across different aspects of the Academy’s work.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working closely with senior academics and health professionals, and will have experience of managing professional relationships with external stakeholders or collaborators. They will have gained experience from a previous programs or events role, ideally within a scientific or higher education environment since the Academy’s programs and events are scientific in nature.
Please download the position description for more information on this role and how to apply – applications must contain:
- An up to date resume with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria.
Applications should be sent via email to [email protected] and must be received by 09.00 AEDT on Friday 5 February 2021.
For further information on this role, please contact Catherine Luckin, CEO, Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences: [email protected].
This is a re-advertised post. Previous applications need not apply.