We are seeking a motivated and talented Communications and Media Manager to deliver high quality, high impact communications and media engagement activities.
- Job type: 0.8-1.0 FTE (negotiable with the successful candidate based on their skills, experience and preferences); 12 month maternity cover contract with competitive remuneration package offered.
- Location: Sydney (Camperdown) or Brisbane (Woolloongabba) – we have offices in both locations (although most staff are currently working from home).
- Reports to: Chief Executive
As Australia’s newest Learned Academy, AAHMS has grown in influence over the past few years. The Communications and Media Manager helps us maximise the value and impact of our work.
This is an exciting time to join the Academy, with several projects coming to fruition in 2022. The Communications and Media Manager was a new role created in 2021, meaning that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help shape this important strategic area, working with Australia’s brightest minds in health and medical science.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Communications and Media Manager (maternity cover) will deliver a communication plan that:
- Promotes the role of health and medical science and the Academy’s Fellows in helping governments, industry and the wider community make informed decisions about health, medical science, and health and science policy.
- Celebrates excellence in the health and medical sciences.
- Enables the Academy’s programs, activities and outputs to connect with the relevant audiences.
- Builds the profile of the Academy and our Fellows.
The Communications and Media Manager (maternity cover) will have a good knowledge of the Australian health, research and innovation landscape and will bring experience from a similar role. The successful candidate must be comfortable working closely with senior academics and health professionals, managing professional relationships with external stakeholders, and collaborating with colleagues from different operational areas to help them maximise the value and impact of their work.
This is a maternity cover position and we are ideally seeking someone to start in late February/early March 2022 – if you would like to discuss timing, please get in touch. The role may suit an individual seeking a secondment opportunity to build their experience.
How to apply
Please download the position description for more information on this role and how to apply – applications must contain:
- Up to date CV with contact details of at least two referees.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria.
In your application, please include links to campaigns, publications, videos which illustrate your experience. Please clearly describe your specific contribution to the activity.
Applications should be sent via email to [email protected] and must be received by 23.59 AEDT on Sunday 30 January 2022.
For further information on this role or to arrange an informal conversation, please contact Catherine Luckin, CEO, Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences: [email protected].
The Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity.