We are excited to be hosting one of our popular Life as a Clinician Scientist events in New South Wales for the first time.
These events aim to encourage and inspire clinicians, including medical students, JMOs, registrars, fellows, and even consultants, to entwine research throughout their career.
During the day, Fellows of the Academy and other senior clinician scientists will share their stories about how the unique combination of clinical medicine and science allows them to work with patients and take their insights from the bedside to answer fundamental scientific questions, and then translate them back to improve patient care.
You can find the program HERE, with confirmed speakers including:
- Professor Louise Baur AM FAHMS, Paediatric Medicine
- Dr Vita Birzniece, Endocrinology
- Dr Marthe Chehade, Surgery
- Professor Gemma Figtree, Cardiology
- Professor Gayle Fischer, Dermatology
- Dr Thomas Guy, General Medicine
- Professor Mark Harris AO FAHMS, General Practice
- Dr Vincent Ho, Gastroenterology
- Assoc Professor Jonathan Karpelowsky, Surgery
- Professor Peter McCluskey, Ophthalmology
- Assoc Professor Tri Phan, Immunology
- Professor Carol Pollock FAHMS, Nephrology
- Professor Carolyn Sue, Neurology
Please note this is our NEW SOUTH WALES event on the 30th March 2019.
For the QUEENSLAND event on the 16th March 2019, head to the event page at https://aahms.org/events/2019-queensland-clinical-science-symposium/