Join us on 13 August for our 7th annual Life as a Clinician-Scientist – Victoria symposium, to be held at Monash University, Clayton campus from 8:30am-4:00pm.
The annual Victorian event returns in an in-person format in 2022 to inspire clinicians, researchers, junior doctors, and medical students to pursue excellence in clinical practice and medical research.
Clinician-scientists bring together the fields of clinical medicine and scientific research, and are typically clinically trained health professionals who also include research as a major part of their career to get the best outcomes for patients.
Discover the many pathways in this rewarding career. Don’t miss this enlightening day of presentations and discussions from some of Victoria’s most esteemed clinician-scientists and groundbreaking researchers.
- Professor James Beeson FAHMS – Deputy Director, Burnet Institute, Head of Malaria Immunity and Vaccines Laboratory (Public health)
- Professor Michael Berk FASSA FAHMS – Alfred Deakin Professor and Director of IMPACT, Deakin University (Psychiatry)
- Professor Flavia Cicuttini AM FAHMS– Head of Rheumatology, Monash University (Rheumatology)
- Professor Sir John Savill FRS FAHMS – Executive Director, Melbourne Academic Centre for Health (Nephrology)
- Professor Christobel Saunders AO FAHMS – James Stewart Chair of Surgery, The Royal Melbourne Hospital (Surgery)
- Professor Helena Teede AM FAHMS – Executive Director, Professor of Women’s Health, Monash University (Endocrinology)
- Professor Jodie McVernon FAHMS – Professor and Director of Doherty Epidemiology, Doherty Institute (Public health)
- Associate Professor Daniel Steinfort – Respiratory Physician, Royal Melbourne Hospital (Respiratory)
- Dr Sindhu Viswanathan – Paediatrician & Honorary Paediatric Epilepsy Fellow at Austin Hospital (Paediatrics)
Speaker timings are available below. Full program details will be available closer to the date.
With thanks to our generous sponsors: