Start your journey as a clinician-scientist with some of Australia’s leading allied health clinicians.
Join us at this free, online event to learn how to combine your clinical practice with scientific research to get the best for your patients in our second Life as a Clinician-Scientist allied health event.
Featuring some of the leading allied health clinician-scientists in Australia, this online event will explore the many pathways in this rewarding career. Clinician-scientists bring together the fields of clinical medicine and scientific research, and are typically clinically trained health professionals who also include research as a major part of their career.
The Academy’s Life as a Clinician-Scientist events aim to inspire early career researchers and allied health clinicians to pursue health and medical research careers. Learn from physiotherapy and occupational therapy experts about how they take their findings from research and translate them into better patient care and how to create a research-supportive workplace.
Presentation topics include:
- Walking the tightrope as a clinician-scientist;
- Stepping into research;
- How allied health clinicians and researchers can influence national health policy;
- Building integrated pathways in allied health research; and
- Creating a clinical work environment that supports research and clinician-scientists.
- Professor Sue Berney, Manager, Physiotherapy, Austin Hospital
- Dr Anne-marie Boxall, Chief Allied Health Officer, Australian Government
- Associate Professor Vinicius Cavalheri, Associate Professor, Curtin School of Allied Health
- Dr Lauren Christie, Senior Implementation Science Research Fellow-Allied Health, St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney
- Professor Nick Taylor, Professor of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University
Following the speakers’ brief presentations, there will be an opportunity for you to delve into the world of allied health clinician-scientists and ask all your questions to our experts during a 30 minute panel discussion.
Register now to secure your spot at this FREE event.